BNY Mellon said it launched an app that will let its institutional customers move cash and securely access key reports and account information from iPad tablet computers.
The provider of custodial and investment services said that roughly 30,000 registered users of its existing Workbench application will be able to download a mobile version at the Apple iPad App Store, through BNY Mellon Connect.
Institutions using the mobile version of Workbench can:
- View Workbench reports run over the past 10 days, in PDF format.
- See account valuation changes, on a valuation dashboard, by manager, asset type, currency, country or security
- Read regulatory news and updates
- Judge exposure to issuers, across accounts and asset classes
- Authorize cash instructions, for custody clients who manage cash through Workbench
BNY Mellon Connect Mobile is secured by a combination of a user ID, password and mobile device identifier. First time users with existing valid BNY Mellon web-based log-in credentials will be taken through an enrollment process.
"Plan sponsors and investment managers increasingly are using their mobile devices to stay informed, take action, and be more productive no matter where they happen to be," said Dan Wywoda, Head of Global Product Management for BNY Mellon Asset Servicing. "From proprietary systems to web-based platforms and now mobile apps, we're witnessing a revolutionary liberation of data that's transformed how people do business and how industries like ours need to respond.’’
Future versions will be aimed at smartphones, including newer versions of iPhones, Android phones and BlackBerry devices, BNY Mellon said.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All On Wall Street content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access